The University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) Singapore is our university’s first international campus and features our internationally recognized William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration.
UNLV is a non-profit educational institution funded by the State of Nevada. It is home to The William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration, which is recognized as one of the leading hospitality management program in the United States. In Las Vegas, the Harrah Hotel College has over 2,800 students, the largest hospitality management program in the U.S., 55 faculty members, and has a close relationship with many leading hotel, restaurant and convention organizations that support the college through internships, scholarships, and employment opportunities.
One of UNLV's goals is to encourage students to apply what they learn in the classroom through a variety of industry experiences. Our hospitality management students enjoy close and active interactions with faculty members, students from other programs, and especially with industry professionals.
UNLV Singapore has been approved by the Singapore Ministry of Education as an Institute of Higher Learning(IHL) featuring a specialized program in hospitality management education and is also recognized as a Leading Foreign University by the Singapore Tourism Board. UNLV Singapore is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
Students attending UNLV Singapore are officially registered at the University of Nevada Las Vegas’ main campus. Bachelors and Executive Masters Degree certificates are issued directly from UNLV’s main campus.
Faculty for these programs will come from UNLV’s Harrah Hotel College and through our prestigious visiting professor program. UNLV Singapore's campus is designed feature smaller cohorts of high caliber students who have a passion to enter the growing hospitality and tourism industries.
UNLV Singapore facilities are located on levels 10 and 11 in the National Library Building located on Victoria Street. This location is prominently located in the heart of Singapore’s educational hub and conveniently near numerous food, shopping, and transportation services.
Ø Bachelor of Science in Hotel Administration (Hospitality Management Major):
● UNLV Singapore's 3 Years program
● UNLV Singapore’s hospitality undergraduate program will emphasize the use of technology in a wireless and fully integrated facility. Students will be one of the first to utilize several new educational software programs designed to enhance the learning process and management skills for future use in the hospitality industry. Thus, students will be required to use it as part of their program requirements. Students who successfully complete UNLV Singapore's degree will keep the notebook computer to use as they start their hospitality career.
● All UNLV Singapore students are required to participate in an internship or attachment within the hospitality industry prior to graduation. These attachments are typically unpaid programs where students will be responsible for a variety of hospitality work related experiences. Attachments vary by company requirements but typically last 3 or 4 months – many will be available during the summer months. Note: Paid internship programs are sometimes available and depend on the individual requirements of the hotel or resort.
● UNLV Singapore students are required to obtain a minimum of 1000 hours of work experience prior to graduation. Students need to work part-time (typically no more than 16 hours per week) obtain these work hours through their own efforts although UNLV Singapore will provide ample information on job availability in the Singapore’s active hospitality industry. Additionally, there will be a wide variety of project based work hours available through UNLV Singapore’s Administrative offices. Students can gain valuable experience working on college and industry projects as well as staff various internal positions within the college.
Intake: Jan / Aug
Ø Executive Masters in Hospitality Administration:
● UNLV Singapore's 15- month program includes 5 modules (total of 10 classes) that are designed for the working hospitality executive or manager.
● UNLV Singapore Masters candidates will study and research the assigned topic the first month based on the material provided by their professors. In the second month candidates will attend an intensive one week seminar that will present current industry trends, best practices, examine management theories, and provide instructions needed for class projects. Candidates will work on an individual project and collaboratively on a group project. All projects will be turned in at the end of the third month and then the process will start again.
● The final one-week seminar will be held on UNLV main campus in Las Vegas (This is an option for those who wish to travel to Las Vegas - other travel options will be provided as needed). This will allow Executive Masters candidates to travel to Las Vegas to attend their seminar and to conduct a real time industry research or operational project. The last seminar will allow faculty from all previous sessions to work with the students on their professional paper and will play a role in the final seminar.
Intake: Feb / May / Aug / Nov
For more information please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org